Skip to main content

SEASON FOR SAVING! 4 ways to save while shopping!!

Can you believe it's just 2 months until Christmas? I know, I know, many of you are in full blown Halloween mode. I get it. Don't rush. This time for me is all about prep and planning for my favorite day of the year! Christmas eve! Gift giving and entertaining make the season super festive but also super expensive. As I gear up with freebies and discounts on things people are shocked by I am often asked....how do you have time to do it....here are a few of my favorites and tips to make using them fun and easy! Remember.....the way to eat an elephant is one little bite at a time! LOL (who eats elephants anyway?) Same thing with holiday prep....a lil at a time is better to keep the spirits bright and the pockets not so light! Let's go!

1st up is my all time favorite!! EBATES!!! This is a must for ANYONE that shops online! You can sign up here or by clicking the ebates button on the right!
Sign up for Ebates now!!

The 1st thing you will see is your bonus. It may look like the pic below! SWEET! Who doesn't love a bonus!!

Next up is a list of stores and how much they will give you back on your purchase. The great thing about ebates is that even though you start at their site...it takes you to the store of your choice and all the sales and coupons they may have!! I love ebates for things that never go on sale. ex. Apple products....IPADs, etc. Also for big purchases that I have to make no matter what. (ex. washer and dryer. Go to ebates, enter Sears, make your purchase....SCORE) It is also great for college students.....those text books can be soo pricey. Love to get a little back! OK....you get it. Sign up now and then.....another favorite shopping day for me is Cyber Monday! Add Ebates to your process and you just added icing to a great sales day!!

Next up....SWAGBUCKS. This is a cool search engine and it allows you to earn giftcards, etc for doing regular things on the Internet. I like it because the giftcards I earn all year end up being some kick butt stocking stuffers.....and all for FREE! Heeeeey! Loving that!! Easy breezy!



Now, since I have a reputation for being..eh hummmm, cheap...well frugal....I have to come with some impressive items. Just because I want the price to be low.....I don't want to skimp on quality! This brand is my go to brand for personalized planners, notebooks, etc. They are super quality!! The IPAD covers are to die for but it is the planners that you really need to get. One of a kind gift for the ones you love. I am going nuts putting "Dr. Corbitt" on my daughter's customized stationary! Heehee!! Get started now.....my only problem with this is not adding things for myself! Ha!

The brand is  Erin Condren, and you should check out her website! She offers a lifestyle brand that customizes and stylizes everything from life planners, acrylic trays, holiday cards, iphone cases, and more! Sign up to receive a $10 OFF coupon for your 1st purchase. Let me know what you get!
https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/nicoleharding



Finally....for the pricier items I like the flash sales. Here is the problem though..............tooooo much email. What is the solution? I have an email that is just for deals. I use it when I sign up for something to get a sale or coupon and I use it when I sigh up for the flash sale site. I enjoy RueLaLa because the packaging is great and the shipping is low no matter how much you buy.

It really is  the destination for limited-time Boutiques filled with brands we love at private sale prices. It's Members-only, and I'm inviting you. Last year I got customized shirts for the big guys and Beats by Dre headphones for my oldest son. Yippee.
sample of RueLaLa savings!! 


Most of us are gonna spend. I say, if you are gonna do it.....do it right! Make your list, check it twice, and save some cash in the process. Saving is sexy!! And you know that's real talk! Let's go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message to my daughter: From a 15 year old Mom who raised a doctor

Daughter, I stumbled upon this photograph as we prepare for the celebration in honor of your graduation and upcoming surgery residency. I see your fat cheeks and stubborn expression and think some things really don't change. But the 15 year old girl holding you..... I barely recognize. So young....too young, I would say today and mean it. But never afraid and never ashamed. Because I was more concerned with the mighty task at hand.......I had a baby! Oh, boy! (oh, girl....really) So while trying to figure out the redirection of my own life (and making plenty of mistakes I know now) these are the promises I made to you and hope that I have kept them: 1. I will always tell you the truth. As you get older this will prove more difficult but always necessary. It will put me in a position of being your least favorite person at times and that will make me sad and sometimes angry. But I will do it. Because the world will tell you the truth in one way or another and I think it is be

Cracked, Jacked Ottoman is now Newest Addition to the Family Room! Check her out!

Ok peeps....my neck and arm feel like they may be forever in pain but I think it was worth it! The family room ottoman is complete!!! Woop! Before I give you the deets......a lil background... I hate replacing things I already have! Oil changes and air filter replacements? HATE! New tires? HATE! It feels like such an investment for something you already have.....I know....gotta do it but I hate it! So after 7 years my beloved (and expensive) leather topped ottoman had started to peel. Yup. Nasty! I ignored this for a few months. Even pushed her into the corner for my annual Christmas Eve party. (Nobody puts baby in the corner!!!!) Then as it started to really bother me I started looking for a new table. Problem was.....I really like the one I have! Of course I find one that is out of this world fabulous! This baby here can be yours for $1600. Even if I hit the lottery I wouldn't pay $1600 for a coffee table. (OK, let's be serious....if I hit the lottery that scrumptious

Newsflash! Loyalty has an expiration date!! Is it time for some of your relationships to get tossed?

Loyalty is high on my values list. I consider myself a loyal person. I wear that definition with pride. When asked who and what I am…..loyal is always a word I use as a descriptor. I am friends still with my very 1 st best friend and many others from my childhood days…..married 21 years……I show up when I say I will for milestones in the lives of others because being loyal is a verb. It requires action, not just words. As the year winds down and the calendar points us to a reflective and planful place it’s natural to consider the relationships in your life and make some decisions around with whom and how you enter the New Year. So while thinking of this for my own self I had to revisit the definition of loyalty. loy·al adjective 1.     giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution. loy·al·ty noun 1.     the quality of being loyal to someone or something After pondering over this definition and careful consideration of how many time