Skip to main content

PSA: 3 Days to make your Valentine's!!

OK......it's that time! If you haven't done it...you're cutting it close! Even the pickings in the heart filled aisles are getting slim. If you have followed the blog you know I never met a project I didn't like....especially when it comes to my lovies....my Goddaughters!! Those two bring out the extra sass.in me...not that I need any more!! So last year Sydney went to school with the "you got the "write" stuff valentines! So cute!! You can check them out here: http://realtalknic.blogspot.com/2013/02/love-is-in-details.html

This year....well it's double trouble! That little one....Ladybug Lauryn has a class of her own! OH BOY!!

So it has to be easy and it has to be cute and well a low price wouldn't hurt!! So PINNEDIDIT again!!
Easy breezy covergirl! Take a pic....jazz it up with Picmonkey (http://www.picmonkey.com/) add a blow pop and you are done! Isn't she the cutest?
Lollipop is placed with hole punch directly above the hand!!

Now for my girl Sydney.......she is eight so it can't be "baby".......omg I am going to need therapy!!Went with some on hand stationary......a fun 8 year old artsy heart and because candy is so two years ago... heehee added a woven bracelet...and you will "knot" believe how cute! Woop! Check it out:

Since she is older she will hand write the names on the envelopes. I snuck some heart stickers in her card from me just in case....I don't know....maaaaaybe she will want to add her own decorations. heehee!

And because I do believe love is in the details.......I embellished and personalized a matching carry bag for her to take the cards to school in style! Woop! Of course I had this bag in my bag of bags (do you have one of these? LOL) and a lil love and a few stickers and I love it! Perfect match!


You still have a few days.....but not many! GET BUSY! Even if you are reading this thinking.....who has all of that time (not me....these were quick) and you just buy a pack of cards and call it a day......take some time to make it fun. This will be over soon and Valentine's Day will mean break ups and heartache or agony over what to buy and geez.......it's coming. But now......glitter rules! Bows and ribbon are good things! A few stickers and you are A FRIGGIN ROCKSTAR!! That time at the table should be stress free......who cares if the writing isn't just so.....add some color....use crayons or markers.....just MAKE IT FUN!

It is Valentine's day after all.....and who do you love? The kiddies!!! I know I do.....and my Goddaughters think I am a bit extra...and love every bit of it.....and when they are older I hope that "extra" is just what keeps them talking to me when this holiday takes a turn for the .........worse!!! And they no longer bring in classroom treats and it's all just so serious.  For now..........we are ready! Real talk! Happy Heart Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message to my daughter: From a 15 year old Mom who raised a doctor

Daughter, I stumbled upon this photograph as we prepare for the celebration in honor of your graduation and upcoming surgery residency. I see your fat cheeks and stubborn expression and think some things really don't change. But the 15 year old girl holding you..... I barely recognize. So young....too young, I would say today and mean it. But never afraid and never ashamed. Because I was more concerned with the mighty task at hand.......I had a baby! Oh, boy! (oh, girl....really) So while trying to figure out the redirection of my own life (and making plenty of mistakes I know now) these are the promises I made to you and hope that I have kept them: 1. I will always tell you the truth. As you get older this will prove more difficult but always necessary. It will put me in a position of being your least favorite person at times and that will make me sad and sometimes angry. But I will do it. Because the world will tell you the truth in one way or another and I think it is be

Cracked, Jacked Ottoman is now Newest Addition to the Family Room! Check her out!

Ok peeps....my neck and arm feel like they may be forever in pain but I think it was worth it! The family room ottoman is complete!!! Woop! Before I give you the deets......a lil background... I hate replacing things I already have! Oil changes and air filter replacements? HATE! New tires? HATE! It feels like such an investment for something you already have.....I know....gotta do it but I hate it! So after 7 years my beloved (and expensive) leather topped ottoman had started to peel. Yup. Nasty! I ignored this for a few months. Even pushed her into the corner for my annual Christmas Eve party. (Nobody puts baby in the corner!!!!) Then as it started to really bother me I started looking for a new table. Problem was.....I really like the one I have! Of course I find one that is out of this world fabulous! This baby here can be yours for $1600. Even if I hit the lottery I wouldn't pay $1600 for a coffee table. (OK, let's be serious....if I hit the lottery that scrumptious

Newsflash! Loyalty has an expiration date!! Is it time for some of your relationships to get tossed?

Loyalty is high on my values list. I consider myself a loyal person. I wear that definition with pride. When asked who and what I am…..loyal is always a word I use as a descriptor. I am friends still with my very 1 st best friend and many others from my childhood days…..married 21 years……I show up when I say I will for milestones in the lives of others because being loyal is a verb. It requires action, not just words. As the year winds down and the calendar points us to a reflective and planful place it’s natural to consider the relationships in your life and make some decisions around with whom and how you enter the New Year. So while thinking of this for my own self I had to revisit the definition of loyalty. loy·al adjective 1.     giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution. loy·al·ty noun 1.     the quality of being loyal to someone or something After pondering over this definition and careful consideration of how many time